Tuesday, July 30, 2013

FROM THE KITCHEN TABLE

From The Kitchen Table

~ The Desk of Lynne Schaefer ~

“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the Name

of the Lord shall be delivered.” Joel 2:32

April 2013

clip_image001

Our home with Joe while in South Africa.

God is in Control

I guess one thing I have learned over the years, is that the Name of Jesus has some serious power in it. I have called on that Name to help me in some desperate times, some extremely fearful situations and He has come through every time. Last night I drove home from visiting my friend Liz and a handful of small rocks were thrown at the car, thankfully no windows or lights were smashed and I just kept driving. It makes me wonder just how many times God has spared or saved me from some danger that I just don’t know about.  Or how he has saved me from what could have been a huge disaster, but He intervened.  I have many stories of how God has helped me though some very scary things, and I can say that they would have been much worse had I not called on Him for help. I guess, the point I am making is, that God really is in control! Even though we may have times of doubt, and we may not hear His voice as clearly.  He is still there, clearing our path before we walk it.

God Uses Me, In Spite of Me Being Me

In the first weeks of May we will be heading back up to Mbala. It’s hard to think of going back, as yes; it is quite tough for me there. But, I know that is God’s will for us at the moment, and I know he will give me the grace and strength to continue in His will up there, until he chooses to move us. He has never let me down yet, there are days I have felt like He has, but I know He has never left me. Always been there, making sure I don’t veer too far off His course!

So pray for us as we prepare to return, after a great time of rest here in Cape Town.  We have done so much, and been so blessed during our time here by our church, our friends and our time spent with family. We are grateful for this time and see God’s hand in our being here for these months.

We obviously have lots to do before we return.  The old faithful vehicle needs some work, which Grant is doing himself where he can. And we need to get some supplies to take back for school etc.  What are our needs? Well, here is a list:

·         2 new tires for the vehicle

·         We need to replace the windscreen on the vehicle which is cracked

·         A new fuel pump for the vehicle, as the old is worn

·         The vehicle chassis needs welding again

·         Money for fuel to get home to Mbala

·         School supplies like glue, paper, pencils

Thanks for your prayers, and for your support shown to us during this time. Pray for us, please, that we may have the strength to fulfil the task and call that God has for us.

Many blessings,

Lynne Schaefer

And family: Grant, Joel, Hope, Charley, Olivia and Luke

Please note my new email: mbalamama@gmail.com

PO Box 420032, Mbala, ZAMBIA

 

No comments: